- Looking for fun activities, additional classes or learning experiences?
Monday parent Tammy VanDrake has created an incredible google activity calendar full of ideas and opportunities. Check it out here or remember,
it can always be accessed on our Parent/Student resource page.
October Notes - 2014
- It is with great sorrow that we share
the news of the passing of our Options
founder and leader - Dr. Tom Synnott.
He was truly a visionary and he forever
changed the possibilities and oppor-
tunities available to the Homeschoolers
in our state. Tom, from the bottom of
our hearts, we thank you forever for all
that you have done for all of us. You may read his memorial here.
April/May 2015 - Year End Reminders!
This has been a very busy spring! We’ve had lots of activities with yet more to come. Please keep your eye on your emails/Engrade for reminders on the following:
- Rees' Young Actors Performance
- Speaking Class Presentations (elementary/high school)
- DI State Tournament (we have 4 teams competing!)
-McIrvin’s Spring Music Performance
May 4th & 5th
- Used Curriculum Sale- (throughout the day)
- Simon’s Multi-cultural Folk Dance Performance
Year-end fun Day - School Party - Field Day events begin at 9a with other activities (jumpers, hamster wheels, sno-cones, etc.) beginning a 11:00am
Events will conclude at 1:00pm
May 11/12th - Last day of School! (Half day)
Spring 2017 - Reminders!
- Registration Opens April 10/11th! Registration for the 2017-2018 School Year opens (for Monday) on April 10th and (for Tuesday) on April 11th. If you know of someone who might be interested, please make sure they have put their names on the waitlist!
- This years Theatre Production -
Shakespeare’s A Comedy of Errors, will be
April 28th 6-9pm at the Armory Performing Arts Center.
Mark your calendars and buy your tickets early as last years Armory performance sold out early!
- Concurrent Enrollment - This is an awesome program that enables qualifying high-schoolers to obtain college credits while fulfilling their high school requirements. Don’t wait until their 9th grade year to find out about the opportunities available through Options with both Concurrent Enrollment and the Ascent Programs. Attend an informational meeting or sign up for the upcoming one on one meetings.
- Spring Dance! Remember, April 7th 6-9p is Student Council’s fun Spring Dance for grades 6-12. Sign up is in the lobby for this fun, festive, and memorable evening!
2015/2016 - Announcements & Reminders!
- Fall Costume Dance! Remember, October 30th 6-9p is Student Council’s fun Fall Dance! Grades 6-12, here’s your opportunity to wear your favorite disguise or costume and enjoy a fun and memorable evening!
- Fiddler on the Roof, this year’s theatre production, will be performed at The Armory Performing Arts Center on Friday, April 22, 2016! Be sure to mark this special evening on your calendar!
- The Science Fair will be back this year! (March 2016) Open to all grades (k-12) with 4 different age categories for judging, it provides many multi-dimensional learning opportunities. Please watch your emails for more information and get those creative, scientific minds churning!
- The Synnott Scholarship will again be awarded this year to a worthy and deserving senior! The Synnott Scholarship was created following the passing of Dr. Tom Synnott, the visionary who founded the Options program. It is funded by the generous donations (of any size) by parents, faculty, and staff who share the appreciation of what this special program brings to the homeschool community. Please consider making your donation today!
College bound Seniors may apply starting in January (applications available at all Options sites). More information will be posted on our Parent and Student Resource page about this scholarship.
BOX TOPS!!! (And Longmont Dairy Milk Caps) Remember to collect those box tops and milk caps! And don’t forget to ask the neighbors, Grandma and Grandpa, aunts and uncles, and anyone else for theirs as well!!! They really help us in our goal for more playground equipment, school supplies, etc! :-)